Job Title: Extruder Operator
Reporting to: Shift Production Manager
Mon – Thurs 06:00-14:00
Mon – Thurs 14:00 – 22:00
Main Function: Extrusion of materials of supply to HS Butyl Limited customers.
Main purpose of the job:
- Manufacture of materials for supply to HS Butyl customers.
- Ability to set up and operate specific machinery within the extruder area in a safe and effective manner.
- To achieve the tasks set within the agreed time and effectively communicating progress to others.
- Accurate recording of daily activity and material usage.
- Participation in company wide and specific continuous improvement activities.
Specific responsibilities and activities:
- Operation of extruder and ancillary equipment
- Maintain run rates at 90% or above
- Responsible for monitoring the quality of the product produced
- Solely responsible for ensuring the end product meets the required quality specification
- Cleanout of extruders and ancillary equipment
- Ensuring working area is kept clean and tidy and free from obstacles affecting the safe working condition of others
- Recording personal daily activity information
- Accurate recording of all production statistics including materials produced, downtime, changeovers, and information directly attributable to the extrusion area
- Numerate and literate
- Ability to interpret detailed work orders and quality information
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to be trained in operation of extruders and ancillary equipment
- Operate as part of a manufacturing team